It is time to convene for another sampling of twenty-five tracks.
After the Adam Yauch special edition, we will return to our regular programming.
This is the space I would have used to write some sort of review of the Rise Against show over the past weekend. Unfortunately, I was not allowed to enter the venue due to my backpack. Apparently the venue has a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to backpacks. I offered security the chance to search it since they were searching the over-sized purses of the female ticket holders but they declined. I was told to take the bag back to my car. Security found it odd when I told them I had taken public transit to the venue and had no car to put it in.
I was faced with the decision to either throw my bag and its contents in the trash or catch the next subway train back home.
The contents of said backpack were a notebook, two books and a pen. I guess I would have been too dangerous sitting out of the way reading and writing between bands.
As big of a Rise Against fan as I am, they're not worth throwing away out of print books and a year's worth of writing. Sorry.
Maybe next time I will guzzle $8.00 beers and start fights like the guys in wife-beaters and plaid cargo shorts instead of wanting to enrich myself through reading and writing.
Alien-boy swings and misses. Again.
No one likes a thinker.
That's enough whining about what wasn't. Let's talk about what is.
The Out of Step Music Hour will be going on hiatus after this episode.
I need a few weeks to digitize the giant box of records that has accumulated over the past few months.
Given the schedule and continually being kicked in the nards by life, a break seems to be necessary.
I can make time to record the show or record the vinyl but I don't have time to do both. Something had to give.
I will use the time to track down new music and turn it into binary code for the computer to eat.
I will also try to find other methods of informing interested parties that this thing exists. Word of mouth is nice but moving a bit slowly.
If anyone has any suggestions for music or marketing, feel free to send an email.
That's all for a while.
Thanks for listening.
Here's the link:
Out of Step Music Hour Episode 13
Here's the playlist:
1. Rise Against~Worth Dying For~Sufferer And The Witness
2. J Mascis~Not Enough~Several Shades Of Why
3. The Movielife~Jamestown~Forty Hour Train Back To Penn
4. Rollins Band~Starve~Come In And Burn
5. Office Of Future Plans~FEMA Coffins~Office Of Future Plans
6. Gorilla Biscuits~Start Today~Start Today
7. Plastered Bastards~Lemmings~If You're Not Drinking With Us... You're Drinking Against Us
8. PJ Harvey~Grow Grow Grow~White Chalk
9. The Beatles~Eleanor Rigby~Revolver (Mono)
10. OFF!~Feelings Were Meant To Be Hurt~OFF!
11. Public Enemy~Superman's Black In The Building
12. Bad Religion~Sinister Rouge~The Empire Strikes First
13. Iceage~Broken Bone~New Brigade
14. New End Original~Lukewarm~Thriller
15. Iggy Pop~The Passenger~Lust For Life
16. Snapcase~New Academy~Bright Flashes
17. Hatebreed~Empty Promises~Satisfaction Is The Death Of Desire
18. Thursday~How Long Is The Night?~Full Collapse
19. Bad Brains~Attitude~The Omega Sessions
20. Boysetsfire~(Compassion) As Skull Fragments On The Wall~After The Eulogy
21. Size 14~Claire Danes Poster~Size 14
22. The Statler Brothers~Flowers On The Wall~Pulp Fiction Soundtrack
23. Ben Weasel~Got My Number~These Ones Are Bitter
24. Gaslight Anthem~45~Handwritten
25. Johnny Cash~We'll Meet Again~American IV: The Man Comes Around