Greetings Dear Listener,
We have a belated celebration of Halloween this evening.
There are many treats and a few tricks in the mix so get out the bath salts, crack open a skull and have a heapin' helpin' of brains while you listen.
Satan sings us a Christmas carol and Bad Religion gives us a big "Fuck You."
That just happens to be the title of the first single off of their new album "True North." It'll be released in mid-January and pre-orders are up. Something about that song title tells me they have given up on any hopes for air-play in the world of Clear Channel.
The Blues Explosion pays us another visit. Their show a few weeks ago was quite entertaining so we will give them another listen. They walked out on stage, started playing and kept playing for over an hour. Only stopping once or twice the entire time.
The Mark Of Cain and The Sword crash land upon us with songs off of their new records. Both are worth your time and money to jam into your ears.
Roky Erickson and the Misfits were seemingly made for Halloween listening so we get a healthy dose of both.
November releases are looking promising. Bad Brains, Forgetters and The Evens have new releases coming at us. There are also Velvet Underground, Jawbreaker and Rage Against The Machine reissues out now or on the way.
The Black Friday mini-Record Store Day list is out. There are a few interesting releases that might get me out of the house.
Everyone seems to have gone apeshit one way or the other over George Lucas selling Star Wars to Disney.
George Lucas dropped trou and crapped all over the story's legacy when he came up with Jar Jar and turned Darth Vader into a whiny little emo bitch.
My reaction was an unenthusiastic shrug of the shoulders.
Ever since the Ewoks, Lucas has been about nothing but selling toys and not about telling stories. Disney was a perfect match.
Thankfully the election is over. Now there's room in my brain for me to bitch about a worn out science fiction children's story being sold to a media conglomerate that makes a fortune subliminally selling sex to children.
I need a hobby.
And we're still doomed.
Thanks for listening.
Here's the download link:
Out of Step Music Hour Episode 25
Here's the playlist:
1. Iggy Pop & Zig Zags~If I'm In Luck I Might Get Picked Up~If I'm In Luck I Might Get Picked Up
2. The Misfits~Astro Zombies~12 Hits From Hell
3. The Mark of Cain~Milosevic~Songs Of The Third And Fifth
4. Modey Lemon~Big Bang~Modey Lemon
5. Propagandhi~Failed States~Failed States
6. The Gaslight Anthem~Blue Dahlia~Handwritten
7. Roky Erickson & The Explosives~I Walked With A Zombie~Halloween
8. Slayer~Raining Blood~Reign In Blood
9. Satan, The Dark Prince~Christmas Time In Hell~Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics
10. The Sword~Execrator~Apocryphon
11. Jon Spencer Blues Explosion~The Midnight Creep~Plastic Fang
12. Snapcase~Zombie Prescription~Progression Through Unlearning
13. The Adverts~Bored Teenagers~Crossing The Red Sea With The Adverts
14. Thee Oh Sees~I Can't Pay You To Disappear
15. The Cramps~Goo Goo Muck~Psychedelic Jungle
16. The Replacements~Left Of The Dial~Tim
17. The Del-Airs~Zombie Stomp~Lux And Ivy's Favorites, Vol. 13
18. The Ramones~I Don't Wanna Go Down To The Basement~Ramones
19. The Horrors~Count In Fives~Strange House
20. High On Fire~Spiritual Rites~De Vermis Mysteriis
21. John Belushi~Louie, Louie~Animal House Soundtrack
22. Screeching Weasel~Zombie~Boogadaboogadaboogada!
23. Bad Religion~Fuck You~True North
24. The Misfits~Night Of The Living Dead~12 Hits From Hell
25. Betty Davis~If I'm In Luck I Might Get Picked Up~If I'm In Luck I Might Get Picked Up