Greetings Dear Listener,
The Christmas season has its boot firmly about our necks with no chance of relenting until well after Boxing Day. And even then it never truly lets go.
This time around, the program is intended to lighten the mood and add a bit of humor given the circumstances of last week.
If this show is still around next year, I have no idea what I'll do. I used every Christmas song that I've got. Maybe I'll go with the ultimate Slayer mix tape.
If anyone out there is a fan of Batman and/or Kevin Smith (the guy that did Clerks), type "Fat Man on Batman" into your googler. There are several episodes of a podcast that is quite funny. The episodes are streaming or for free download. You'll be able to hear a fat man tear up over various scenes in the history of Batman.
In the near future, there will be debates over violence and our culture. Something tells me the point will still be missed.
Thanks for listening.
Here's the download link:
Out of Step Music Hour Episode 28
Here's the playlist:
1. Run-D.M.C.~Christmas In Hollis~Together Forever
2. Black Sabbath~N.I.B.~Black Sabbath
3. Stiff Little Fingers~White Christmas~All The Best
4. Monty Python~Christmas In Heaven~Monty Python Sings
5. The Locust~Pulling The Christmas Pig By The Wrong Pair of Ears~Plague Soundscapes
6. The Descendents~Christmas Vacation~I Don't Want To Grow Up
7. Kenny McCormick & Mr. Hankey~The Most Offensive Song Ever~Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics
8. National Lampoon~Kung-Fu Christmas~National Lampoon's Greatest Hits
9. Rival Schools~You Should Have Hung Out~Pedals B-side
10. Bob & Doug McKenzie~Twelve Days Of Christmas~Great White North
11. Caustic Christ~Ha, Ha, Ha~Can't Relate
12. Patton Oswalt~The Best Comedy I've Ever Seen~Finest Hour
13. Cowboy Timmy~Mr. Hankey The Christmas Poo~Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics
14. The Buzzcocks~Orgasm Addict~Another Music In A Different Kitchen
15. Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros~Mega Bottle Ride~Global A Go-Go
16. Charlie Parker~White Christmas~Bird Flies High
17. Rise Against~Drones~The Sufferer & The Witness
18. Mr Garrison~Merry Fucking Christmas~Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics
19. Joey Ramone~What A Wonderful World~Don't Worry About Me
20. Mississippi Fred McDowell~Glory Hallelujah~I Do Not Play No Rock 'n' Roll
21. Everclear~I Will Be Hating You For Christmas~So Much For The Afterglow
22. Public Enemy~Prophets Of Rage~It Take A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back
23. Adolf Hitler~O Tannenbaum~Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics
24. Joe Tex~I Gotcha~Reservoir Dogs
25. Jimi Hendrix~Little Drummer Boy/Silent Night/Auld Lang Syne~Merry Christmas & Happy New Year