Prepare yourselves for May 19th when new episodes of the Venture Bros. air. Ever since the homeschool prom episode I have been chomping at the bit for more. Cartoon greatness is imminent. Hooray.
Put your helmets on for Tuesday March 5th. That is the day the Hendrix mono remasters are going to be unleashed upon us. They are going to be pressed on 200-gram vinyl. Make sure you know a trusty contractor to help piece your house back together after it gets shaken apart by these monsters.
News on the Stooges front: April 30th is the day Fat Possum releases their new album Ready To Die. There was no information on who is producing so I'm hoping they lost Steve Albini's phone number.
Here's the link for the press release and pre-order info:
Iggy & The Stooges Ready To Die Press Release
We get our first visit from Wesley Willis on our journey. "Get your ass to a barber and tell him your sick of looking like a asshole." The man was a genius.
The Gaslight Anthem have produced a short film. "Every Word Handwritten" was streaming on the Rolling Stone website but it is no longer there. They replaced it with the trailer. It might be floating around on the internets somewhere. It's certainly worth the fifteen minutes it takes to watch it.
We get into a b-side from Iceage's new album You're Nothing. "A Rifle" can be found on the Ecstasy single. Matador is their new label and is also distributing the single.
There are a few reminders on the playlist this time around.
Always remember that Rick Santorum is an idiot. Remember that Trayvon Martin was murdered by a dumb ass. And don't forget that two members of Pussy Riot are still serving time in a gulag for speaking out against bullshit.
Thanks for listening.
Rock over London. Rock on Chicago.
Here's the download link:
Out of Step Music Hour Episode 33
Here's the playlist:
1. The Stooges~No Fun~The Stooges
2. Pussy Riot~Virgin Mary, Redeem Us Of Putin
3. Anti-Flag~Toast To Freedom (Extended Version)~Toast To Freedom
5. Iceage~A Rifle~Ecstasy
6. Rival Schools~A Parts By B Actors~Pedals
7. The Ramones~Slug~Rocket To Russia
8. Vinnie Caruana~Somehow The World Keeps Turning~City By The Sea
9. Wesley Willis~Stop Mulling Over The Mullet~Shake Your Piggy Bank
10. Gaslight Anthem~Handwritten~Handwritten
11. Public Enemy~Beyond Trayvon~The Evil Empire Of Everything
12. Electric Wizard~Funeralopolis~Dopethrone
13. Get Up Kids~Tithe~There Are Rules
14. Koji~Color Quiet Loud~Some Small Way
15. Forgetters~Turn Away~Forgetters LP
16. Buzzcocks~Noise Annoys~Peel Session 4/17/1978
17. Happy-Go-Licky~Torso Butter~Will Play
18. Seu Jorge~Ziggy Stardust~The Life Aquatic Sessions
19. Turmoil~Fear Of Falling Down~The Process Of...
21. Minutes~Shakespeare's Money Tree~Minutes
22. Brian Marquis~They Used To Call It The Blues~Snow Damage
23. Lewis Black~Rick Santorum: Idiot~The Carnegie Hall Performance
24. White Wives~Cardinal Bird
25. Teen Idles~No Fun~Flex Your Head