Greetings Dear Listener,
Dean Venture is my Emo hero. The Venture Bros. season premier was the finest hour of television I've seen in months.
This podcast is now 40 episodes old. We celebrate with a heavy dose of music from the Pittsburgh area. If you like production value in your music, this one will be hard to swallow. I did my best to level things out for the best sound but some of the tracks were a little too rough around the edges.
Most of these bands aren't around anymore so a lot of these songs are a slice of my youth and better days. So I would think.
The Anti-Flag anniversary shows were last week and they knocked them out of the park each night. Well done, sirs.
Worlds Scariest Police Chases were the best opener on the first night. They were a lot of fun to watch.
Lemuria proved that they were a bad ass band on the second night. It was the first time I had a chance to see them play and they were phenomenal. Their new record comes out on June 18th and I'm twitching like an addict to hear it.
Here's your "Holy Crap, There's Actually Something To Do Around Here" update:
Keith Morris and Chuck Dukowski come to town on Friday with their band, Flag. I hope this show will be worth the exorbitant "convenience" fees that Ticketbastard is charging these days.
Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes will be in town at the Oaks Theatre for a showing of "Jay & Silent Bob's Super Groovy Cartoon Movie." There will be a Q&A/podcast recording after the movie. From the looks of the Oaks' website, the event is sold out. I guess I'll have to laugh at my own dick jokes on Sunday. Which doesn't seem to be very different from any other Sunday.
White Wives will be playing a free show on Monday, June 10th at the Commonwealth Press warehouse. The band will be playing Greenday's "Dookie" record. In my humble opinion, that was an appropriate title for that record but the White Wives and Commonwealth Press are worth supporting regardless of how awful Greenday is.
The Japandroids will be here on June 16th. Don't get your dad another tie that he'll never wear. Take him to see the Japandroids. Nothing says "I love you, Pops" like guitar driven Canadian hipster rock.
Solarburn will be at the 31st Street Pub on June 22nd. Local instrumental metal does the body good.
Dax Riggs will be coming through town on July 2nd. If you can't make that show, he'll be in Cleveland at the Grog Shop on July 4th. I may have to go to both shows. He's that good. And I'm that big of a fanboy. If he's touring, I hope there will be new music from him soon.
Bosnian Rainbows will be here on July 20th. They're at a venue with awful sound. Which does not bode well for a band with that much texture.
If you haven't been watching Marc Maron's show on IFC, you are doing yourself a great disservice. Bobcat Goldthwaite is the director on the show. Who'd a thunk it?
Thanks for listening.
Rock over London, Rock on Chicago.
Here's the download link:
Out of Step Music Hour Episode 40
Here's the playlist:
1. Anti-Flag~Sodom, Gomorrah, Washington D.C.~The People Or The Gun
2. Crayon Death~Missionaries~Three-Sixteen
3. Skrewloose~Thirty-Seven~The Rise And Fall Of Forever
5. Submachine~Mongoloid~Sawed Off Shotglass
6. Allan~Burn Through~...About Five Seconds
7. 53rd State~From Now Until This Time Tomorrow~Forward Motion
8. Aus-Rotten~Media Blackout~The Rotten Agenda
9. Ghidorah~Don't Wanna~Ghidorah
10. Worlds Scariest Police Chases~Blackin' In~A-F Records 2013 Sampler
11. White Wives~Sky Started Crying~Happeners
12. Takashi~Rick Shaw~Don't Breathe Under Water
13. Plastered Bastards~Lying Sack Of Shit~If You're Not Drinking With Us... You're Drinking Against Us
14. Half Life~All Our Yesterdays~All Our Yesterdays
15. Silver Tongued Devil~Generation Nomad~Over The Top
16. The Code~Revolution Now~Split w/ Whatever It Takes
17. Caustic Christ~Can't Relate~Can't Relate
18. Modey Lemon~It's Hard (The Squeal)~Modey Lemon
19. All Dinosaurs~Tight Rope~A-F Records 2013 Sampler
20. Whatever It Takes~Green Light, Yellow Light, Stop~Fistful Of Revolution
21. Behind Enemy Lines~What Did We Expect~Global Cannibal
22. The Frampton Brothers~Dressing Room~File Under F For Failure
23. Corpus Christie~Pain In My Ass~Iron City Punk 3
24. Solarburn~Scumbag Inc.
25. Justin Sane~61C Days Turned To Nights~Life, Love & the Pursuit Of Justice