Greetings Dear Listener,
I went into the grocery store the other day only to find myself assaulted by displays of Halloween candy. I say fuck these dingbats and their fun-sized Zag-Nut bars. Let's get the commercialism out of Halloween and get back to it's true meaning: worshipping Satan. If you're going to have an imaginary friend, it may as well be the one with the cool records.
The Gaslight Anthem will be in town for two shows tomorrow and Friday. What a two days it will be.
The Super-Friends turned 40 over this past weekend. So sit back and watch a show that certainly did not hold up over time.
The Dave Chappelle/Flight of The Conchords show was a good time except for the large drunk girl screaming "Go Steelers" during Dave's set. Stupid humans. No more large venue shows for me.
Speaking of the Steelers and stupid humans, we dedicate the Aus-Rotten track from this episode to a certain dopey quarterback that can't figure out that "No" means "No."
There's a new Submachine record out and it will give you brain damage. It's a blazing 14 minutes of music. Head over to Mind Cure and pick it up along with the single of the month for August which is The Gotobeds. We hear a track from both.
The Rise Against b-sides collection came out this week. We'll hear their version of the theme song to Weeds.
Born Without A Face was a band from Grand Rapids, MI in the mid-80's. They recently reissued their catalogue as a box set. The vinyl is limited to 300 and there is a download on Bandcamp.
There's another new VUM track from Psychotropic Jukebox on the program, as well. Their Indie-go-go campaign is still up and running but may fall short. You can go here for more information.
There's a new book about Dinosaur Jr. coming out soon. Here's the link to check it out.
For those of you still bitching on the internets about Ben Affleck being the next Batman, Patton Oswalt has written a blog post just for you. Read this and find something else to do with your time.
And for those of you using the internets to bitch about the Sons of Anarchy season premier, it's only a TV show and school shootings are unfortunately a part of our modern society. And Kurt Sutter is smarter than you. My only complaint was that it was an hour and half long episode and I had get up early this morning.
Until next time.
Thanks for listening.
Rock over London. Rock on Chicago.
Here's the download link:
Out of Step Music Hour Episode 47
Here's the playlist:
1. Aus-Rotten~The Second Rape~The Rotten Agenda
2. The Julie Ruin~Oh Come On~Run Fast
3. Devo~Social Fools~Be Stiff
4. The Sovereign~Ziggy Stardust~Changes One
5. The Gottobeds~Ipso Facto~Mind Cure August 2013
6. Submachine~I Am~In Spite Of Everything...
7. Pseudo Existors~Now~Stamp Out Normality
8. Brak~Front Door/Backside~Space Ghost's Surf & Turf
9. Crayon-Death~Easier To Die~Three-Sixteen
10. Sebadoh~Shit Soup~Bakesale
11. True Widow~S:H:S~Circumambulation
12. The Jimi Hendrix Experience~Bold As Love~Axis: Bold As Love (Mono)
13. Drain STH~Ace Of Spades~Horror Wrestling
14. The Rezillos~Somebody's Gonna Get Their Head Kicked In Tonight~Can't Stand The Rezillos
15. Snapcase~She~Violent World: A Tribute To The Misfits
16. Gaslight Anthem~High Lonesome~The '59 Sound
17. Frogpond~Get Paid~Safe Ride Home
18. U.K. Subs~Young Criminals~Another Kind Of Blues
19. Get Up Kids~Rememorable~There Are Rules
20. VUM~Hall Of Mirrors~Psychotropic Jukebox
21. Born Without A Face~Feed Your Head~Freakshow
22. Rise Against~Little Boxes~Long Forgotten Songs
23. Eyehategod~Non Conductive Negative Reasoning~Dopesick
24. Ramones~I Don't Want You~Road To Ruin