Greetings Dear Listener,
The playlist below was not the intended batch of music I had originally planned. The playlist I had worked on for over a week seemed inadequate after having been shat upon by life for the past several days. I had given up on recording Episode 52 all together until earlier this afternoon. That's when the bile level reached maximum and I went to work on a new playlist. This is the result of feeling defeated and having lost the will to live for most of the week until I came to my senses. The original playlist may see the light of day at some point.
The Worlds Scariest Police Chases record is out. It certainly gets my vote for the most inappropriately funny record of the year. The "Jizzy Clear" color variant was aptly named.
The vinyl issue of Handsome has been delayed for the limited color LP. The records were pressed at the wrong weight and sent back to the plant. Hopefully they'll be in the mail soon.
The Rival Schools United By Fate reissue is out now and sounds incredible.
In my infinite mopiness, I watched the Man Of Steel Blu-ray. HD makes all the difference when watching the innocent citizens of Metropolis being killed by toppling buildings. Back in my day, Superman would have taken Zod out of the city to snap his neck so the citizens would have been kept out of danger. If you want to see a high quality DC Comics movie, check out the Justice League: Origins animated movie coming out early next year. There's a trailer for it on the IMDB.
I also watched the film adaptation of Jack Kerouac's On The Road. What's her face from those lame vampire movies was in it but only for a minutes so the movie wasn't ruined. On one of his many podcasts recently, Kevin Smith said: "Every generation gets the vampires they deserve." How true. Shiny vampires suck.
There was an alternate ending of Breaking Bad that will be included as an extra on the barrel shaped box set that will be released next week. The scene was an homage to the ending of the Bob Newhart Show when he woke up from a dream while next to the actress that played his wife in the previous Newhart series.
Marc Maron has a new special streaming on the Netflix. It's called Thinky Pain. He opens with a Bill Hicks story and also tells a story about going to the record store for Captain Beefheart albums. Glued to the TV was I.
At the record store this past weekend, I came across old pressings of the Velvet Underground's Loaded, Germ Free Adolescents by the X-Ray Specs and Inflammable Material by the Stiff Little Fingers. My turntable has never been so happy.
If you're ever in a band and said band breaks up, make sure someone has the multi-track masters of any recordings. You never know when someone may want to spend stupid amounts of money on a reissue.
Thanks for listening.
Rock over London. Rock on Chicago.
Here's the download link:
Out of Step Music Hour Episode 52
Here's the playlist:
1. Turmoil~Playing Dead~Process Of...
2. Allan~Burn Through~About Five Seconds
3. Snapcase~Guilty By Ignorance~Progression Through Unlearning
4. Black Flag~What I See~Damaged
5. Slayer~Threshold~God Hates Us All
6. Helmet~Rude~Strap It On
7. Melvins~Honey Bucket~Houdini
8. Submachine~Suicide Drive~Sawed Off Shotglass
9. All Dinosaurs~What About Elvis?~Rules Of Civility & Decent Behavior
10. Hatebreed~I Will Be Heard~Perseverance
11. Mark Of Cain~You Let Me Down~Ill At Ease
12. Chuck Dukowski Sextet~My War~Eat My Life
13. High On Fire~De Vermis Mysteriis~De Vermis Mysteriis
14. One Day As A Lion~One Day As A Lion~One Day As A Lion
15. Refused~Rather Be Dead~Songs To Fan The Flames Of Discontent
16. Vision Of Disorder~What You Are~Imprint
17. Amen~Coma America~Amen
18. Quicksand~Delusional~Manic Compression
19. Nirvana~Negative Creep~Live At The Paramount
20. Born Without A Face~The Lesser~Freakshow
22. Rollins Band~Volume 4~Weight
23. Worlds Scariest Police Chases~Punk Rock Ruined My Life~NOFX And Out Came The Wolves Dookie
24. Minor Threat~In My Eyes~Complete Discography
25. Tom Gabel~Conceptual Paths~Heart Burns