Greetings Dear Listener,
I wonder if the increase in Black Friday violence was equal to the decrease in sales this year. Nothing brings out the true savagery of the North American Humanoid like a sign that says "50% Off." Getting shivved for that Beats Audio speaker thing that looks like a sex toy just doesn't seem worth it to me.
The Black Friday/Record Store Day was a total bust. The store I normally go to for those type of records didn't get anything they ordered. Which is odd because they normally get at least one of everything. Oh well. I guess I can live without that Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds live record.
To commemorate the one year anniversary of relaunching their label, Anti-Flag has posted the entire A-F Records catalogue as "name your price" on Band Camp for a limited time. I'm not sure when it ends but get over there and get to downloading.
Eel was the band chosen for the month of November in Mind Cure's singles series. They are a very noisy bunch of people.
VUM's Psychotropic Jukebox has arrived on vinyl. Holy crap, is all I have to say about that record on LP.
There is a new Minutes album coming out in January. Vinyl for Roland is available for pre-order on Band Camp. The pre-order comes with an immediate download and there are a few other EP's available for free download. I got the download this morning and was unable to listen to anything else today.
Against Me! will be in town for New Year's Eve. I'd go to the show if it wasn't going to be filled with screaming, drunken assholes.
I am starting to feel better about passing on the upcoming Pixies show in January. Their new bass player has already been sent packing. Something is amiss since none of the dates have been canceled so far. There is such a thing as a band overstaying its welcome. Regardless of how great said band was. There is no shame in hanging it up and moving on.
Am I the only person that keeps repeatedly watching Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and waiting for something to happen? The show is so underwhelming but I keep giving it a chance. It just might be more evidence that there is something wrong with me. The television does have an off button.
Thanks for listening
Rock over London. Rock on Chicago.
Here's the download link:
Out of Step Music Hour Episode 53
Here's the playlist:
1. The Clash~Career Opportunities~The Clash (Sound System)
2. Tes Brunet~Right Or Wrong~Au Ras Au Ras
3. Eddy Current Suppression Ring~Do My Thing~Eddy Current Suppression Ring
4. Nirvana~Here She Comes Now~Nevermind (20th Anniversary Box)
5. Rival Schools~Get Centered~United By Fate (Reissue)
6. Naam~Skyling Slip~Naam
7. Mates Of State~10 Years Later~Playing Four Square Vol. 2
8. Ramones~Teenage Lobotomy~Rocket To Russia
9. Pussy Riot~Like A Red Prison
10. godHeadSilo~Elephantitus Of The Night~Some Songs
11. Mika Miko~Zombies Take One~666
12. The Replacements~You Lose~Hootenanny
13. PJ Harvey~Rub 'Til It Bleeds~Rid Of Me
14. Bikini Kill~Alien She~Pussy Whipped
15. Dinosaur Jr.~Said The People~Farm
16. The Leaves~Hey Joe~Nuggets
17. The Jimi Hendrix Experience~Little Wing~Axis: Bold As Love (Mono)
18. Jawbreaker~Sluttering (May 4th)~Dear You
19. Skrewloose~Openfire~The Rise And Fall Of Forever
20. Two Ton Boa~Two Ton Boa~Two Ton Boa
21. Twopointeight~Teleprompt Solanas~Twopointeight II
22. Sonic Youth~Swimsuit Issue~Dirty
23. Eel~Turn Up Fuck~Mind Cure November 2013
24. Slant 6~Love Shock~Soda Pop * Rip Off
25. Bad Religion~Hark! The Herald Angels Sing~Christmas Songs