Greetings Dear Listener,
Lloyd Dobbler punched John McClane in the mouth. While filming a fight scene, John Cusack missed a beat and made contact with Bruce Willis' face. The greedy and lazy has-been chipped a tooth and through a fit. Kick-boxing is the sport of the future. And John Cusack is my hero of the week.
The Fox News white Santa/white Jesus incident has given me an endless source of amusement. The lengths that network has to go through to keep their audience is astounding. Breeding fear through ignorance is big business.
The Velvet Underground White Light/White Heat box set is out and sounds amazing. It was a bit pricey for three CD's but worth every penny.
I finally got the shipping notification for the Handsome color variant reissue. The vinyl has been pressed at the correct weight and dropped in the mail.
The Otis Redding track on the playlist may sound familiar to you. The Black Crows made a living off of covering it. It can be found on the Complete Stax/Volt Singles box set. All of the songs are in their original mono glory.
There is a Gaslight Anthem B-sides collection coming out next month. All of the songs on it were made available earlier this year on the singles box-set released by Side One Dummy. Something tells me that Side One will be milking every last penny out of the Gaslight Anthem catalogue that they have the rights to.
The Pixies have hired their new bass player. Paz Lenchatin from A Perfect Circle has taken over for the North American tour.
On Saturday, December 21st, there will be a double feature at the Hollywood Theater. The early film is SLC Punk at 7pm and Filmage at 10pm. Filmage is documentary about the Descendents and ALL. Here's a link for more information.
Will Farrell was on WTF a week or so ago to promote Anchorman 2. He told a rather sad story about dealing with the ratings board to get the movie a PG-13 rating. It was very much along the lines of violence in a movie is ok but dick jokes aren't.
Bill Hick's birthday was this past Monday. He would have been 52. His material is over 20 years old but still rings true today. Mediocrity has a firm grip on what has become "The Third Mall From The Sun." Humanity is fucked. I suggest we get used to it.
It has been a year since Newtown and nothing has been done to prevent such things from happening. Why bother trying to evolve beyond the collective 8th grade mentality this country has when everyone's busy watching Duck Dynasty or some such shit and forgetting the awful truth of their surroundings. Billions of dollars are spent every year to keep the masses docile and stupid. I guess everyone throwing their televisions out a window and pouring the booze down the drain would be too much to ask. Oh well.
Thanks for listening.
Rock over London. Rock on Chicago.
Here's the download link:
Out of Step Music Hour Episode 54
Here's the playlist:
2. Roky Erickson~Don't Shake Me Lucifer~The Evil One
3. Horrible Crowes~Never Tear Us Apart~Live At The Troubadour
4. Devo~Auto Modown~Hardcore Devo Vol. 1
6. At The Drive-In~Catacombs~Relationship Of Command
7. High On Fire~Serums Of Liao~Spitting Fire Live Vol. 1
8. Far~Waiting For Sunday~Water & Solutions
9. Boris~Track 3~Vein
10. The Clash~1-2 Crush On You~Sound System
11. Miles Davis~'Round Midnight~'Round About Midnight (Mono)
12. Slayer~Stain Of Mind~Diabolous In Musica
13. The Jimi Hendrix Experience~Remember~Are You Experienced (Mono)
14. Joan Jett & The Blackhearts~Everyday People~Album
15. The Birthday Party~Six Strings That Drew Blood~Mutiny/The Bad Seed
16. The Scientists~Larry~The Scientists
17. OFF!~I Don't Belong~Live At The 9:30 Club
18. Otis Redding~Hard To Handle~Complete Stax/Volt Singles
19. Born Without A Face~Song For All Exiles~Freakshow
20. Refused~Sunflower Princess~Everlasting
21. Rival Schools~Reaching Out~Found
22. Lipstick Homicide~How Much More~Our Lips Are Sealed
23. The Ramones~I Don't Want To Walk Around With You~Ramones
24. Bob Mould~Can't Fight It~No Alternative
25. Velvet Underground~Temptation Inside Your Heart~White Light/White Heat Box Set