I'm not sure that I want to live in a world where the number one selling album for the past several weeks has been the soundtrack to a shitty Disney movie. And there's news that the new Coldplay record may take its spot. What the fuck? Let it go indeed.
In honor of the NHL playoffs here's a link to the greatest use of a telestrator ever. Oddly enough, that was the last time Bob Errey was allowed to draw on the screen.
There is a brand new Le Butcherettes album out. Cry Is For The Flies is phenomenal. There was an advance download for folks who pre-ordered on bandcamp but the album will officially be released on May 15th. Rumor has it there will be a vinyl release in June. Go to http://lebutcherettes.net/ for more info.
There have been a few J Robbins related reissues. Jawbox's Novelty has been remastered and pressed on clear vinyl. And both Channels releases have been pressed on vinyl. All three are available at Dischord. The prices on the Channels records are a bit higher since they are German imports but totally worth it.
J Mascis has resurrected his label called Baked Goods. The first release will be a split single featuring Boris and Heap. Outer Battery Records will be handling distribution duties. The single is limited to 500 copies on purple vinyl.
I finally obtained a copy of the Negative Trend reissue. The CD reissue was good but the vinyl reissue is amazing. Superior Viaduct does great work.
David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust has been reissued on pink vinyl as a UK import. I cannot recommend buying it. The mastering used for the pressing had too much low end which causes the needle to jump out of the grooves at times.
The Breaking Bad soundtrack has been delayed until the end of May. I'm hoping it's because they are trying to perfect the baby blue coloring with the purity of the vinyl.
There's a new Batman animated movie that came out this week. Here's the trailer for Son Of Batman.
I can't figure out all of the hate that was thrown at Amazing Spider-Man 2. I enjoyed it. Gwen Stacy died and Gidget made me roll a tear. What else could you ask for from a Spider-Man movie? Was everyone hoping for another song and dance number? Oh well.
Thanks for listening.
Rock over London. Rock on Chicago.
Here's the download link:
Out of Step Music Hour Episode 65
Here's the playlist:
1. Le Butcherettes~Demon Stuck In Your Eye~Cry Is For The Flies
2. OFF!~Learn To Obey~Learn To Obey
3. Garbage w/ Brody Dalle~Girls Talk~Girls Talk
4. The JB's~The Grunt~Food For Thought
5. Jon Spencer Blues Explosion~She's On It/Jack The Ripper~She's On It/Jack The Ripper
6. True Widow~AKA~True Widow
7. UV Race~I'm A Pig~Racism
8. K. Dylan Edrich & The Black Angel's Death Songsmen~The Black Angel's Death Song~"The Velvet Underground & Nico"
9. Pissed Jeans~False Jessi Pt. 2~"Live At The BBC"
10. Heavens To Betsy~Terrorist~Calculated
11. Ty Segall~Shoot You In The Head~Singles 2007-2010
13. Veruca Salt~The Museum Of Broken Relationships~Veruca Salt
14. Half Japanese~Loud/Louder/Loudest~Loud
15. David Bowie~Suffragette City~Ziggy Stardust
16. Slayer~Perversions Of Pain~Diabolous In Musica
17. The Julie Ruin~Brightside~Brightside
18. Public Enemy~Black Steel In The Hour Of Chaos~It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back
19. Ramones~Here Today, Gone Tomorrow~Meltdown
20. Thee Oh Sees~Toe Cutter-Thumb Buster~Floating Coffin
21. Pixies~Jamie Bravo~Indie Cindy
22. The Standells~Twitchin'~Dirty Water
24. Mower~Bastards Parade~Mind Cure March 2014
25. Dinosaur Jr.~Freak Scene~Visitors