Greetings Dear Listener,
Breaking news on the technology front: If you leave your iPhone 6 Plus in your pants pocket for too long, it may bend due to your body temperature. Using the new iOS8 app known as EtherFace, Apple held a teleconference with their CEO from The Ether. Steve Jobs opened his comments with a question, "Why don't you take the fucking phone out of your fucking pocket, you fucking morons?" The still deceased, glowing image of Mr. Jobs continued, "Does Apple have to do everything for you? You know what, next time we'll make the fucking thing out of adamantium with a kryptonite screen. If you don't stop bothering me with this piddly shit, I'll put the entire U2 discography on your iTunes. That'll teach you to complain about stupid shit. Aren't there real problems in the world?" Suddenly, the ghost of Jobs reversed his position by following up with, "Oh, wait. What I meant to say was, the iPhone 7 will come with an optional pocket cooling device. The pocket cooling device will only cost an additional $299.99." The ether-teleconference came to an abrupt end when a reporter commented that the prototype for the pocket cooling device that Jobs held up looked suspiciously like a common sandwich bag with three ice cubes in it. Thus proving that even in death, Steve Jobs was a giant prick.
In sports news from The Onion: Players for the Pittsburgh Steelers will wear a patch on their jerseys this season to honor the victims of Ben Roethlisberger. I keep wondering why the media keeps asking his opinion about his violent colleagues taking their work home with them. I guess the press is trying to find someone with experience in football and maximum levels of douchebaggery.
Time To Die by Electric Wizard is streaming on NPR's First Listen. Brain liquifying volume is required.
Fugazi's first demo has been mastered and will be released on November 18th. Pre-orders are up on Dischord. There won't be any new Fugazi so first Fugazi is the next best thing.
New episodes of South Park are starting. The first episode seems to be about the Washington Redskins being offended that Cartman started a company called the Washington Redskins. Hooray.
Gotham started the other night. Goddammit, that show is going to be great.
The Pittsburgh ComiCon is this weekend. Nerding out this weekend, I will be.
Thanks for listening.
Rock over London. Rock on Chicago.
Here's the download link:
Out of Step Music Hour Episode 75
Here's the playlist:
1. Buzzcocks~Breakdown~Spiral Scratch
2. Snapcase~First Word~End Transmission
3. The JB's~The Grunt, Part 2~The Grunt
4. The Scientists~Frantic Romantic~Do The Pop Redux, Part 1
5. Supernova Chile~Chewbacca~Clerks
6. The Ramones~You Should Never Have Opened That Door (Demo)~Ramones
8. Death~Politicians In My Eyes~...For The Whole World To See
9. The Sword~Barael's Blade~Age Of Winters
10. Ty Segall~You Should Never Have Opened That Door~Ty Segall
11. Blood Brothers~Trash Flavored Trash~Crimes
12. Afghan Whigs~When We Two Parted~Gentleman
13. Public Enemy~Rightstarter (Message To A Black Man)~Yo! Bum Rush The Show
14. Taylor Swift~Black Mass~Black Masses
15. Past Lives~Paralyzer~Tapestry Of Webs
16. Against Me!~Black Me Out~Transgender Dysphoria Blues
17. Fugazi~Ex-Spectator~The Argument
18. Sham 69~Borstal Breakout~The Unacceptable Stench Of Bullshit
19. XBXRX~Freezing Water~Wars
20. nothing~Get Well~Guilty Of Everything
21. Jon Spencer Blues Explosion~Gadzooks!~Gadzooks!
24. The Strangeloves~Night Time~Nuggets
25. Stains~Sick And Crazy~Stains